This is a favourite of ours, all the flavours of easter mixed with the salted caramel flavour we love. It's a lovely easter treat during the holiday season but also makes the perfect home-made easter gift too.
- 350g of chocolate
- 100g of soft Caramels (we used Werther's originals)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup of mixed dried fruit
- A good sprinkle of Dorset sea salt
- First line your baking sheet with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
- In a dry frying pan lightly toast your chopped pecans to give them that real smokey flavour and leave them to one side
- Melt your chocolate either on your stove in a glass bowl in a saucepan of boiling water making sure that there is enough water that the bowl doesn't touch the bottom of the saucepan. Or if you have a microwave, place it in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until the chocolate is fully meted.
- Do the same for your soft caramel sweets.
- Once both are melted pour your chocolate onto your prepared greaseproof paper and spread with a spatula so that it is even and about ½ cm thick.
- Then drizzle on your melted caramel in swirls across the chocolate.
- Add your chopped pecans and mixed fruit evenly across your bark.
- For your final touch sprinkle a little Dorset sea salt on top and place in the fridge for an hour or 2 to set.
- When it has hardened remove your bark from the fridge and roughly cut with a knife into large bite-size pieces and enjoy.